Lon Lockwood to the Rescue! Call New York's Most Trusted Electrician Today.

Why Do I Smell Plastic Burning?

Did you know that home electrical devices account for almost 51,000 fires each year? That adds up to more than 500 deaths and $1.3 billion in property damage. While most cases are accidents, it’s vital to exercise extreme safety and take precautionary measures any time you plug something in.

Where can you start when it comes to keeping your home’s electrical system safe? We recommend having GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlets installed throughout your home – especially in wet areas like the bathroom and the kitchen.

But even that won’t be enough to guarantee no electrical problems. Sometimes, faulty wire connections can cause receptacles to become extremely hot, melt or even start a fire.

Pair that with plugging devices requiring lots of electricity directly into a power strip and you’ve got a recipe for disaster. Leave power strips to smaller devices such as lamps or computers and plug larger appliances directly into a wall outlet.

For more information about how to keep your home safe when it comes to your electrical system, contact the expert electricians at Lon Lockwood Electric today – and remember when you need service in Webster or the surrounding areas, you know you can count on us!