It’s that time of year again – when the weather warms up and we get our homes ready for the new season. And while you’re getting your yard back in shape, take a look at your outdoor lighting fixtures. Are they ready to take on spring and summer?
When it comes to exterior lighting, a little bit of maintenance goes a long way. Here’s how you can prepare:
- Turn off the power at the service panel and remove the light bulbs.
- Using fine steel wool, wipe away any corrosion from the sockets and then replace the bulbs.
- Turn the power back on and check to make sure no bulbs have burnt out. If they have, replace them with LEDs.
- Make sure you have GFCI outlets installed outside. This will help keep your electrical devices safe from the elements.
- Use weatherproof covers to seal off all outdoor outlets. Look for a plastic box that’s large enough to cover wires while they are plugged in.
- Consider installing new fixtures around the pool and the patio so you can enjoy the warmer temperatures outside even when the sun goes down.
Ready to light up your yard this spring? We specialize in exterior and landscape lighting here at Lon Lockwood Electric so give us a call today to speak with our expert electricians.