Are high energy bills keeping you up at night? With all of the other things going on in your life, this aspect is one that should not be tampering with your sleep. It’s a new year and it’s time to rest and relax knowing that you can slash energy costs in the bedroom with the tips below. Let’s get started!
Before You Fall Asleep:
- Set your thermostat back a few degrees. Not only is it proven that sleeping in a cooler climate will help you get a better night’s rest, this is a great way to cut back on energy consumption. You can save nearly $180 per year by adjusting the temperature before bed and then again when you wake up.
- Turn off and unplug electronic devices. Even if they’re not being used, they are still consuming electricity if they’re plugged in.
- Swap out your old incandescent bulbs with LEDs. Energy Star models use 70-90% less energy.
- You may be able to cut back on the amount of general lighting in the room. Illuminated smaller areas such as table lamps on a nightstand or a fixture or two on the wall usually provide sufficient lighting for the entire room.
- Consider having dimmers installed. Not only do they help save energy, but you’ll have the ability to create the perfect atmosphere and a cozy ambiance.
By making just a few small changes in the bedroom, you can see large savings when it comes to energy bills. For more information, contact the expert electricians at Lon Lockwood Electric today!