What are you going to do if your power goes out during the middle of an ice storm? Will you be like the rest of your neighbors – stuck in the dark, unable to use any of your electronic devices? Or will you stand out and be one of the only houses on the block that has power? When it comes to have a reliable power source, you need a generator.
The next time a severe winter storm hits, you’ll be able to sleep through the night knowing your security system will still be up and running, the food in your refrigerator won’t spoil and your computer won’t crash. Not to mention you’ll be nice and toasty because your heating system will keep you warm. With a standby generator, you may even forget that the rest of your neighborhood is without power!
At Lon Lockwood Electric, our expert electricians specialize in generator installation. We’ll show you how to operate your equipment most effectively and arrange for an inspection to make sure all local codes and regulations are met.
All you need to do is make sure you follow these safety tips:
- Only operate your generator outside. Leaving it running in a closed space can cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Know the system’s wattage limitations and be careful not to exceed them.
- Do not use the generator if it’s cracked, leaking gas, fuel, oil or any other fluids.
- Do not use stale or contaminated gasoline.
- Make sure all components are properly closed and sealed. This includes oil fill, oil drain, control panel etc.
What are you waiting for? Get out of the dark and call on Lon Lockwood Electric to install your generator today! You never know when the next storm is going to strike.