Get The Party Started With Fiesta String Lights
Hold tight Rochester, we’ve still got a few weeks of summer left before we start to see cooler temperatures roll in. And that means you should be making the most of your backyard before you’re trapped indoors for a few months. Extend your party well into the night with Fiesta String Lights!
If you’re only planning on using the lights for one night, sure you can go ahead and run some holiday lights above the deck. But if you plan on leaving them out there for the rest of the summer, we recommend going with a safer, more permanent solution.
Here are the steps for a fast and safe installation:
- Before you perform any work, turn off the electricity to the area. Then measure the existing amount of flexible conduit so you can reach the outdoor light switch.
- Next, use three wire conductors and fit them through the flexible conduit into the existing power source.
- Splice the existing wires to the new conductors and then reconnect the outlet.
- Now it’s time to install the outdoor light switch box. Use a screwdriver to screw it in and then place the conduit inside.
- Then feed a second set of flexible conduit and extend the wiring to the outdoor outlet.
- In order to run the lights above the patio or deck, run two stainless steel guide wires under tension across the roof. Crisscross the lights across the guide wires using “S” hooks.
- Turn the lights on and enjoy your party!
If that sounds like too much work, don’t worry we’ve got you covered. Give the expert electricians at Lon Lockwood Electric a call and we’ll take care of the project for yo