Lon Lockwood to the Rescue! Call New York's Most Trusted Electrician Today.

How Does LED Differ From Other Light Sources? (electrical repairs Rochester NY)

So what’s the buzz about LEDs? Have you wondered why more and more homeowners are making the switch? People now realize the benefits LEDs provide that incandescent and fluorescent lighting lacks.

LEDs, or light emitting diodes, provide directional lighting that shines in a single direction. They emit a phosphorous glow that appears white but is actually amber, red, blue, and green. Known for their energy efficiency, they benefit the environment by minimizing wasted heat. In contrast, an incandescent bulb emits 90% of its energy in heat and only the remaining 10% in light. The emitted heat can damage furniture by causing their colors to fade or, worse, start them on fire. LEDs, however, use 80% less energy than incandescent bulbs, which allows them last up to 5 times longer.

You’ve seen technological advancements with telephones, computers, vehicles, and satellites. Now, after remaining the same for decades, it’s the light bulb’s turn to revolutionize America. Be energy efficient, save money, and adopt a brighter life–it’s time for you to invest in LEDs.

Lon Lockwood Electric (electrical repairs Rochester NY) will help you make the upgrade to LED lighting in your home. We even do home wiring. We’ll give you the information you need on efficient lighting and make the necessary installations.