How To Store Christmas Lights
The holidays are over, the family and friends have left and we’re already halfway through the first month of the new year. It’s officially time to take down your holiday decorations if you haven’t done so already.
Now that you’ve unwrapped the lights from the tree and taken them down from the outside of your house, what are you going to do with them? You can choose to roll them into a ball and stuff them away in the attic, but think about how inconvenient that will be next year when it’s time to decorate again. Instead, follow these tips to keep your Christmas lights organized:
- Search around your home for an extra piece of cardboard. We’re sure you’ve got a few boxes lying around from the gifts you received this holiday season.
- Use a scissor to cut a 1-inch slit at the top and the bottom of the long side of the cardboard.
- Stick one end of the light strand into the slit and wrap the remainder of the string around the cardboard.
- When you get to the other end, tuck it into the slit at the other side of the cardboard.
- Wrap the lights in bubble wrap to keep them protected and you’ve got yourself an organized Christmas light storage solution.
Always exercise caution when dealing with electrical devices inside your home. If you notice anything out of the ordinary when it comes to your electrical system, contact the pros at Lon Lockwood Electric right away!